Dogs, in general, are always eager to spend time running and playing in the open air, however, they will not have a sense of comfort and happiness with a leash to wear. The answer for this situation is a kennel. A kennel is confinement which gives dogs enough space to play and spend their time outdoors. They can enjoy the fresh and open air, playing with their toys, having food without wondering about getting hurt or dangers from outside.
As for the benefits of dog kennels, we closely examined dozens of dog kennels to find the best kennels such as the best outdoor dog kennels, the best large outdoor dog kennels, the best small outdoor dog kennels, the best modular dog kennel run, the fastest and easiest to setup kennels. We hope this article can give some useful advice for you to choose the most suitable kennel for your beloved furry friends.
- Best outdoor dog kennels: Lucky Dog – Heavy Duty Welded Wire Dog Kennel with Cover and Frame
- Best Large Outdoor Dog Kennels: Giantex Portable Foldable Freestanding Exercise
- Best Small Outdoor Dog Kennels: walnest Dog cage Heavy Duty Crates Pet Kennel
- Best Modular Dog Kennel Run: BestPet Indoor Outdoor Playpen Exercise
- Fastest & Easiest To Set Up!: Midwest Homes for Pets K9 Dog Kenne
- FAQ – best dog kennels
Best outdoor dog kennels: Lucky Dog – Heavy Duty Welded Wire Dog Kennel with Cover and Frame
Lucky Dog – Heavy Duty Welded Wire Dog Kennel with Cover and Frame is the best outdoor dog kennels. It has the privilege of a huge hard steel frame, an anti water cover around and the wire mesh enclosed helping protect pets as well as ensure the duration of the cage.
- Heavy steel kennel great for big dog outdoor uses
- Waterproof cover with steel frame helps to protect pets from outdoor weather
- Total dimensions of 4’W x 4’L x 6’H
- Smart design for easily clean and set up
- Steel bars and wire mesh protecting your dogs from getting hurt and offers to prevent the kennel from rust and corrosion
- The water resistant cover and steel roof frame give great protection from harsh weather
- Raised leds provide anti dirt and bacteria feature and easy to clean
- Simple installation and no tools or accessories required
- Huge and space occupied
- Suitable for large breeds only, the small ones can escape the kennels through the bottom of the over
Best Large Outdoor Dog Kennels: Giantex Portable Foldable Freestanding Exercise
Giantex Portable Foldable Freestanding Exercise is the best large outdoor dog kennel thanks to its hard and sturdy construction. With its quality of 8 up to 32 panels, you can use it outdoors for your dog’s hobby of running and playing. You can find some key features, its pros and cons to decide what is the best playpen for your big furry friend.
- Constructed with sturdy metal with a rust roof and weather resistant function
- Provide 8/16/32 panels equivalent with 24/32/40 inch to set up various shape
- Have double lock and round edges to keep pets safe
- The pen can be folded and expanded
- Easy installation and no tool required
- Durable for its high quality of material and waterproof function
- Various choices of quantity of the panels and its height allow various types of pets
- Sturdy design for pets’ secure and comfort
- Can both use indoor and outdoor for its feature of foldable and portable
- Easy to set up and change into any shape you like
- The cages can be rust after long time using outdoor
- The pins can be buckle down after several times reassembly
- Space occupied and suitable for large outdoor dogs rather than small indoor ones
Best Small Outdoor Dog Kennels: walnest Dog cage Heavy Duty Crates Pet Kennel
If your naughty furry friends love chewing and usually destroy furniture, the walnest Dog cage Heavy Duty Crates Pet Kennel may be the ideal choice for you. It is made of sturdy anti rust and corrosion steel that lets your dogs not become a trouble.
- Constructed of anti rust and corrosion steel
- Included of 4 lockable wheels
- The cage comes with 48.2 x 33 x 32.5 inches and 91.26 pounds in weight that is suitable for small pets
- Have portable plastic tray for easy cleaning
- Have 2 doors in front and on top
- Excellently sturdy because of heavy duty and anti-rust steel
- The 4 lockable wheels help to easily move the cage and keep your pets safe in outdoor places
- Hygienic and easy to clean thanks to its slide-out tray to store dog food and excrement
- 5 minutes set up and no tools required
- Double doors on top and in front make it easy to use and give comfort to your small dogs
- The locks and latches can be out of order after several times of use
- Suitable for small breeds only
Best Modular Dog Kennel Run: BestPet Indoor Outdoor Playpen Exercise
Every dog needs a playpen. That is the reason why the BestPet Indoor Outdoor Playpen Exercise becomes the best modular dog kennel run. The kennel has up to 16 panels that allow multiple ways of installations and space you put it in.
- A large playpen for pets
- Dimension of 32″W x 40″H of 16 Panels giving various configurations to suited to any area without any tool
- Included with simple set up instruction
- Can be used both indoor and outdoor, ideal for playing out or camping
- Made of hard heavy anti rust metal for long lasting usage
- Great playpen for your pets to play and exercise outdoors
- Portable and easy to install in various shapes fitting with any area
- Durable and sturdy due to its high quality of material
- Panels are NOT heavy enough for large breeds, it can be fallen down if the large tend to strong push
- Latches and pins of the pen are not very sturdy and can damage floor if use indoor
Fastest & Easiest To Set Up!: Midwest Homes for Pets K9 Dog Kenne
The Midwest Homes for Pets K9 Dog Kennel is the fastest and easiest to set up for you to choose. It gets some outstanding features that the other kennel will not have such as the hard and sturdy galvanized steel frame and meshy surface that can block 80% sunscreen to perfectly protect your dog outdoors. Pets K9 Dog Kennel is also great for its warranty and insurance policy for pets’ parents to consider.
- Dimension of 6L x 14W x 4H feet and 76 pounds in weight that perfect for small dogs
- Durable due to hard and sturdy galvanized steel frame and meshy surface
- Provided with sunscreen resistant cover to protect dog outdoor
- Included with 1 year warranty policy on all parts
- Easy to set up and installation
- Durable and protective for dogs to play outdoor
- Good warranty policy on all parts of the products
- The screen cover is rather thin and have too much mesh on the top and the plastic zippers cannot tightly hold in the cold weather
- Not suitable for large breeds
FAQ – best dog kennels
What are dog kennels used for?
Dog kennels are used for various purposes. However, in general, dog kennels are used for safe and security purposes. The kennel provides a limited place and space for your dog to play or sleep without a leash. Dogs’ parents will not worry if their pet escapes or gets hurt when they are away from home or when they are out for outdoor activities. On the other hand, the kennel can also keep the dog away from home furniture and give security for people around.
What are the differences between outdoor kennels and dog houses?
An outdoor kennel is a confinement where you can safely keep your dog enclosure outside the house. Outdoor dog kennels are usually constructed of steel or heavy-duty materials.
What are the best outdoor kennels?
Lucky Dog – Heavy Duty Welded Wire Dog Kennel with Cover and Frame is the best outdoor dog kennel. With the heavy duty steel frame, a water restriction cover and the wire mesh enclosed, the kennel provides protection and convenience for your dog for long lasting usage.
How to have bespoke kennels made for me?
If you are going to find a bespoke dog kennel, you have many things to consider such as the place to put the kennel, the size, shape or materials of the kennel as well as the budget you are willing to spend for your dog. Then you have to choose the company or services provided to have bespoke kennels made for your dog and discuss if you can make the best kennel fit to your beloved furry friend.
As the review above shows, these are the top 5 best kennels in 2020. They have strength as well as weakness but each one is suited with your own situation and characteristics of the pets you own.